Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Altegris
Matt Osborne has more than 25 years of international business and financial market experience. As CIO of Altegris, he is responsible for product development and is co-portfolio manager of several Altegris mutual funds. He is a member of the Altegris Investment Committee, responsible for qualification, approval and ongoing review of all investment strategies and managers on the Altegris platform.
Prior to Altegris, Matt was Director of Research for the Managed Investments Division of Man Financial with responsibility for manager selection and research. Previously, Matt had a 12-year career with a preeminent family office in his native New Zealand. In his role as Investment Manager, he was responsible for formulating investment policies and implementing a global asset allocation program that specialized in alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds and managed futures. He also gained significant trading expertise in foreign currencies, stocks, fixed income, global futures and options.
Director of Research and Sourcing and Portfolio Manager
Eric Bundonis has served as Portfolio Manager and Director of Research and Sourcing since 2014. His responsibilities include portfolio management, manager sourcing, research, and due diligence across a wide variety of alternative strategies. Eric brings over 13 years of alternative investment experience. From February 2012 to November 2014, he served as Vice President, Co-director of Research and Investments of the adviser. From July 2009 to January 2012, he served as Vice President, Senior Research Analyst for Altegris.
Prior to joining Altegris in 2009, Eric was an Associate at OneCapital Management Partners in New York. As a member of OneCapital’s Investment Committee, he was responsible for identifying, selecting, and monitoring investments for multi-manager funds of hedge funds serving institutional and high-net-worth investors. Prior to joining OneCapital, Eric conducted due diligence on prospective and existing alternative investments at Auda Advisor Associates in New York.
Eric graduated from Middlebury College with a BA in history and attended the Post-Baccalaureate Program in business at Columbia University. He is also a chartered financial analyst and a member of the New York Society of Security Analysts.
The Altegris group of affiliated companies is wholly-owned and controlled by (i) private equity funds managed by Aquiline Capital Partners LLC and its affiliates (“Aquiline”), and by Genstar Capital Management, LLC and its affiliates (“Genstar”), and (ii) certain senior management of Altegris and other affiliates. Established in 2005, Aquiline focuses its investments exclusively in the financial services industry. Established in 1988, Genstar focuses its investment efforts across a variety of industries and sectors, including financial services. The Altegris companies include Altegris Investments, Altegris Advisors, and Altegris Clearing Solutions.
For information about Altegris, visit our website at Altegris.com.
Information contained on Outside the Boxes blog provided by Altegris and its affiliates, is for informational purposes only. Posts and messages should not be construed as investment advice of any kind, nor a recommendation to buy or sell any specific securities, financial products or investments discussed. All investments involve risks, including the possible loss of principal.
Blog content is written from the author’s viewpoint. Any opinions expressed are based on their views of investing and economic matters at the time the content was posted and is not intended to be a forecast of future events or a guarantee of future results. Blog posts are not intended to be official statements made on behalf of Altegris.
Altegris shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness, or availability of any information provided by a non-affiliated third party via WordPress. Altegris is not affiliated with WordPress and has no responsibility for its operations and services. Altegris reserves the right to remove any content at any time from this blog and block any page or follower who posts content that is deemed offensive, misleading, profane or otherwise inappropriate.
Altegris Guidelines for Comments
Any feedback and comments will be published at Altegris’ discretion. Other considerations to note when commenting:
1. Personal information. Your comment will identify you by your initials or name. We may delete other identifying information such as your email address.
2. Don’t use for customer-services issues. Please do not use this blog to submit questions about your investments or customer-service issues. Instead, contact your financial advisor or Altegris directly.
3. Don’t expect a reply. Our bloggers may respond to reader comments occasionally and may reference comments in their own posts, but you should not expect to receive a personal response.
4. Don’t give investment advice. We cannot publish comments containing specific investment or financial advice.
5. Keep it relevant. Comments should be “on topic” and relate directly to the post.
6. Be respectful. Constructive criticism and disagreement are fine but please refrain from personal attacks on bloggers (or on other commenters). We also ask that you avoid the use of profane or offensive language (including the use of punctuation marks to replace letters).
7. Opinions expressed in readers’ blog comments are those of the readers submitting the comments and do not necessarily represent the views of Altegris or its management.